The HART® Termination Board model TB-D5001-HRT-007 allows the remote monitoring of any HART®-compatible 4/20 mA field loop. It is suitable for interfacing AI cards of safety PLCs with input impedance included from 0 Ω to 50 Ω.
This is obtained by one locally mounted HART® Multiplexer Modem 5700 and by terminal block interface connectors to access the relevant loops. The board is installed in series to the loops and is totally transparent to both transmitter and receiver.
The single TB-D5001-HRT-007 Termination Board supports 32 channels. Yet, it can be extended with additional TB-D5001-HRT-007 units (up to 8) to manage all 256 channels available on the HART® Multiplexer Modem 5700.
The Mux unit connects, via the RS-485 interface, to an external PC running an FDT-based software package (PACTware™, etc…) through a dedicated Device Type Man-ager (DTM). The PC can communicate with multiple Mux units, located on different boards, in a multi-drop RS-485 mode.
The HART® Termination Board TB-D5001-HRT-007 is SIL 3 certified as non-interfering with the signal loops.
• SIL 3 according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed. 2 (see Safety Manual ISM0436 for more information).
• Systematic capability SIL 3.
• Transparent Board for HART® Multiplexing of up to 32 analog signals (extendable to 256 channels with 7 additional TB-D5001-HRT-007 units).
• Suitable for interfacing AI cards of safety PLCs with input impedance included from 0 Ω to 50 Ω.
• Redundant Power Supply connection by screw terminals.
• Supply is fuse protected and with LED indication.
• RS-485 interface terminals to communicate with the HART® Mux unit.
• HART® loop interface terminal block connectors.
• HART® channels isolated with dual capacitors (short circuit proof).
• Spare fuse provided.
• Includes hardware for Easy installation in three modes:
Wall mounting, M4 Threads, Wall mounting, Self Threading, Din Rail mounting