The Power Supply System type PSS1250 is an anodized aluminum 19” Rack unit (4U high) suitable to accept up to 6 plug-in Power Supply Modules type PSM1250 and 1 Overview module for diagnostic functions.
Each module is able to provide 24Vdc, 50 A output. Modules can be paralleled with load sharing circuits which distribute current load equally to each power supply module to increase reliability and reduce internal power dissipation.
The system accepts up to two independent AC power sources from 110 to 240 Vac (+/- 10%).
A plugin module (PSO1250) dedicated to monitoring all diagnostic functions of each power supply can be installed in the last rack slot; it can be operated through a front panel touch screen LCD color display which indicates input/output voltage, current and power, input line frequency, output current sharing percentage, internal temperature, alarm status.
RS485 Modbus output provides full diagnostic and status conditions.
PSO1250 presence or fault does not affect PSS1250 operation and functional safety application.
3 independent overvoltage protections: 1 voltage limiting loop at 30 Vdc and 1+1 crowbars at 30 Vdc.
Fully compliant with CE marking applicable requirements.
High load fuses breaking capability:
In case of short circuit on the load, the Power supply system delivers a very high peak current (about 800 Amp) for a duration of 0.5 ms. This characteristic ensures the instant breakage of the protective fuse or circuit breaker. Because of the very short peak current duration, other equipment connected to the load are not affected by the failure event and continue to operate without interruption.
• 2 universal AC Input Lines, 110 to 240 Vac (+/- 10%) (48 to 62 Hz).
• Power factor correction.
• Installation in Zone 2 / Div. 2 hazardous locations.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
• Highly regulated output of 24 Vdc, 50 A, for PSM1250 module.
• Under and over voltage alarm monitoring.
• 3 over voltage redundant protections.
• Redundant parallel connections with load sharing.
• Reduces Power dissipation (in parallel/redundant configuration) by replacing a Schottky diode with Mosfet Active Ideal Diode.
• 89% efficiency @230 Vac input and 24 Vdc output with full load.
• Fan speed control depending on ambient temperature and output power.
• High load fuse breaking capability without interrupting operations.
• 19” Rack unit, 4 U high, anodized aluminium, durable metal enclosure.
• Tropicalization for electronic components.
• Modbus RTU RS-485 diagnostic output