-40 / +70 °C
|Safety Integrity Level||
The dual channel Isolating Driver, D5020D module, is a high integrity analog output interface suitable for applications requiring SIL 2 level (according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed. 2) in safety related systems for high risk industries. It isolates and transfers a 4-20 mA signal from a controller located in Safe Area to a load up to 700 Ω in Hazardous Area. It has a high output capacity of 15 V at 20 mA combined with a low drop across its input terminals.
The circuit allows bi-directional communication signals, for Hart positioner.
In the 4-20 mA input range, a field open or short circuit, reflects a high impedance to the control device circuit and actuates (de-energizes) the channel fault output transistor and actuates (energizes) the cumulative fault output available on Power Bus connector. A fault output signal for each channel is available when mounted on customized Termination Board. Short circuit fault detection can be enabled (two different levels can be selected) or disabled via DIP-Switch programming.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail, with or without Power Bus, or on customized Termination Boards, in Safe Area / Non Hazardous Location or in Zone 2 / Class I, Division 2 or Class I, Zone 2.
• Systematic capability SIL 3.
• 2 fully independent channels.
• Output to Zone 0 (Zone 20) / Division 1, installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• 4-20 mA Input, Output Signal.
• Hart compatible.
• Field open and short circuit detection and signaling for each channel and cumulative.
• High Accuracy.
• Three port isolation, Input/Output/Supply.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• In-field programmability by DIP Switch.
• High Density, two channels per unit.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks, with or without Power Bus, or customized Termination Boards.
• 250 Vrms (Um) max. voltage allowed to the instruments associated with the barrier.