Intrinsically Safe System
The Power Supply Gateway D2050M Unit, mounted in Safe Area, provides Intrinsically Safe protection to the 2 wire communication link, and supplies power to D2010M, Expander D2011M, and Digital Multiplexer D2030M Units, installed in Hazardous Area, close to input sensors.
Field units acquire data and pass it on to the Gateway, which makes it available via ModBus or RS-232 ports to a Safe Area PLC/DCS or other devices saving wiring cables and costs.
The Unit is primarily intended to interface field Mux with the PLC/DCS systems via Modbus serial lines with redundant communication.
• Intrinsically Safe Associated Apparatus for installation in Safe Area/Non Hazardous Locations to supply Multiplexer D2010M, D2011M, D2030M installed in Zone 1, 2 Gas Group IIC, IIB, IIA T4 or Class I, Division 1, 2 Groups A, B, C, D, Temperature Code T4 and Class I, Zone 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA, Temperature Code T4 Hazardous Area/Hazardous Location.
• Universal inputs (mV, TC, RTD, contact or proximity detector) via D2010M, D2011M, D2030M unit from Zone 0, 1, 2 or Class I, II, III, Division 1, 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and Class I, Zone 0, 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA Hazardous Location.
• Expandability up to 256 analog/128 digital channels per system and 31 systems on a single Modbus serial link for up to 7936/3968 channels.
• Redundant field lines for communication/supply.
• Modbus interface RTU protocol on redundant RS-485.
• RS-232 port for system configuration.
• Three port isolation, Input/Output/Supply.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
• High reliability, SMD components.
• Configurable by SWC2090 software (free of charge) or user software.
• Modbus output allows savings on PLC/DCS I/O cards cost.
• Lower cables, installation and maintenance costs.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN Rail mounting units.
• Repeat Hazardous Area/Hazardous Locations input contact or proximity detector in Safe Area/Non Hazardous Locations via D2052M unit (relay output) or via D2053M unit (transistor output).