Intrinsically Safe System
Multiplexer D2030M Units, can be installed in the field, close to input sensors, for data acquisition from Hazardous Area and connected to a Safe Area PLC/DCS or other devices, via 2 wire communication link and Gateway D2050M Unit, saving wiring, cables and costs.
The Units are primarily intended for Hazardous Area acquisition from contacts or proximity detectors.
D2030M scans all channels and stores all data in a memory buffer, where they can be rapidly accessed by the Modbus Gateway D2050M Unit.
Each Mux D2030M Unit accepts directly up to 32 input channels and is expandable to 128 channels by using four D2030M Units with a single Modbus Gateway D2050M
Redundant communication is obtained by dual data/supply interface line.
Safety Parameters maintain compatibility with Gas Group II C even in
• Intrinsically Safe for installation in Zone 1, 2 Gas Group IIC, IIB, IIA T4 or Class I, Division 1, 2 Groups A, B, C, D, Temperature Code T4 and Class I, Zone 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA, Temperature Code T4 Hazardous Area/Hazardous Location.
• Inputs from voltage free contacts or EN60947-5-6 proximity detectors from Zone 0, 1, 2 or Class I, II, III, Division 1, 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and Class I, Zone 0, 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA Hazardous Location.
• Expandability up to 128 digital channels per system and 31 systems on a single Modbus serial link for up to 3968 channels.
• Redundant field lines for communication/supply.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
• High reliability, SMD components.
• High density, 32 channels per unit, 128 channels per system.
• Configurable via D2050M Gateway using PC SWC2090 software (free of charge) or user software.
• Modbus output allows savings on PLC/DCS I/O cards cost.
• Lower cables, installation and maintenance costs.
• 1 terminal block per input, no external terminal block required.