Intrinsically Safe System
Multiplexer Units D2010 can be installed in the field, close to input sensors, for data acquisition from Hazardous Area and connected to a Safe Area PLC/DCS or other devices, via 2 wire communication link and Interface Unit D2050M, saving wiring, cables and costs.
The Units are primarily intended for Hazardous Area acquisition of low level signals from Thermocouples, RTDs, mV or mA sources.
D2010 scans all enabled channels using state of the art solid state isolated relays, and stores all data in a memory buffer, where they can be rapidly accessed by the Modbus Gateway Unit D2050M.
Each Mux Unit accepts directly up to 16 inputs channels and, by adding 1 to 3 Expander Units D2011M, is expandable to
64 channels in blocks of 16 each. Four D2010M Units, connected with twelve D2011M Expanders reach 256 inputs with a single Modbus Gateway Unit D2050M. Redundant communication is obtained by dual data/supply interface line.
Safety Parameters mantain compatibility with Gas Group II C even in redundant mode.
A/D Converter, Integrating type, High Rejection, High Accuracy (18 bits), automatically calibrates Zero and Span providing accurate and stable measurements. All parameters are software configurable by serial commands via D2050M Gateway Unit.
• Intrinsically Safe for installation in Zone 1, 2 Gas Group IIC, IIB, IIA T4 or Class I, Division 1, 2 Groups A, B, C, D, Temperature Code T4 and Class I, Zone 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA, Temperature Code T4 Hazardous Area/Hazardous Location.
• Universal inputs (mV, TC, RTD) from Zone 0, 1, 2 or Class I, II, III, Division 1, 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and Class I, Zone 0, 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA Hazardous Location.
• Isolation of 200 V input to input (mV or TC), 60 V input to input (RTD) and 500 V input to ground, allows grounded sensors.
• Expandability up to 256 analog channels per system and 31 systems on a single Modbus serial link for up to 7936 channels.
• Redundant field lines for communication/supply.
• High accuracy A/D converter, 18 bits.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
• High reliability, SMD components.
• High density, 16 channels per unit, 256 channels per system.
• Configurable via D2050M Gateway using PC SWC2090 software (free of charge) or user software.
• Modbus output allows savings on PLC/DCS I/O cards cost.
• Lower cables, installation and maintenance costs.
• 1 terminal block per input, no external terminal block required.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN Rail mounting units..